27. Härer, A., Bolnick, D.I. and Rennison, D.J. The genomic signature of trophic divergence along the benthic-limnetic axis in allopatric and sympatric threespine stickleback. Molecular Ecology,30(2):451-463.
26. Rennison, D.J.*, Delmore, K.E.*, Samuk, K.M., Owens, G.L., and Miller, S.E. Shared patterns of genome-wide differentiation are more strongly predicted by geography than by ecology. American Naturalist, 195(2). *co-first authors
25. Rennison, D.J.*, Rudman, S.M.*, and Schluter, D. Parallel changes in gut microbiome composition and function during colonization, local adaptation and ecological speciation. Proceedings of the Royal Society B, 286:20191911. *co-first authors
23. Rennison, D.J., Stuart, Y.E., Bolnick, D.I., and Peichel, C.L. Ecological factors and morphological traits are associated with repeated genomic differentiation between lake and stream stickleback. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, 374:20180241..
22. Reyes-Contreras M., Glauser, G., Rennison, D.J., and Taborsky, B. Early-life manipulation of cortisol and its receptor alters stress axis programming and social competence. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, 374:20180119.
15. Samuk, K.M., Owens, G.L., Delmore, K.E., Miller, S.E., Rennison, D.J., and Schluter, D. Gene flow and selection interact to promote adaptive divergence in regions of low recombination. Molecular Ecology, 26:4378-4390.
14. Rennison, D.J., Owens, G.L., Heckman, N., Schluter, D., and Veen T. Rapid evolution of colour vision in the threespine stickleback adaptive radiation. Proceedings of the Royal Society B, 283:20160242. Sup. Mat.
12. Miller, S.E., Samuk, K.M., and Rennison, D.J. An experimental test of predation upon behaviour and trait correlations in threespine stickleback. Biological Journal of the Linnean Society, 119:117-125.
11. Rennison, D.J., Heilbron, K.A., Barrett, R.D.H., and Schluter, D. Discriminating selection on lateral plate phenotype and its underlying gene, Ectodysplasin, in threespine stickleback. American Naturalist, 185:150-156.
9. Seehausen, O., Butlin, R.K., Keller, I., Wagner, C.E., Boughman, J.W., Hohenlohe, P.A., Peichel, C.L., Saetre, G.-P., Bank, C., Brannstrom, A., Brelsford, A., Clarkson, C., Eroukhmanoff, F., Feder, J.L., Fischer, M., Foote, A.D., Franchini, P., Jiggins, C.D., Jones, F.C., Lindholm, A.K., Lucek, K., Maan, M.E., Marques, D.A., Martin, S.H., Matthews, B., Meier, J.I., Most, M., Nachman, M.W., Nonaka, E., Rennison, D.J., Schwarzer, J., Watson, E.T., Westram, A.M., and Widmer, A. Genomics and the origin of species. Nature Reviews Genetics, 15:176-192.
8. Vines, T.H., Albert, A.Y.K., Andrew, R.L., Debarre, F., Bock, D.G., Franklin, M.T., Gilbert, K.J., Moore, J.-S., Renaut, S., and Rennison, D.J. The availability of research data declines rapidly with article age. Current Biology, 24:1-4.
7. Vines, T.H., Andrew, R.L., Bock, D.G., Franklin, M.T., Gilbert, K.J., Kane, N.C., Moore, J.-S., Moyers, B.T., Renaut, S., Rennison, D.J., Veen, T., and Yeaman, S. Mandated archiving greatly improves access to research data. FASEB J, 27.
5. Owens, G.L., Rennison, D.J., Allision, W.T., and Taylor, J.S. In the four-eyed fish (Anableps anableps), the regions of the retina exposed to aquatic and aerial light do not express the same set of opsin genes. Biology Letters, 8:86-89.
4. Gilbert, K.J., Andrew, R.L., Bock, D.G., Franklin, M.T., Kane, N.C., Moore, J.-S., Moyers, B.T., Renaut, S., Rennison, D.J., Veen, T., and Vines, T.H. Recommendations for utilizing and reporting population genetic analysis: the reproducibility of genetic clustering using the program STRUCTRE. Molecular Ecology, 21:4925-4930.
2. Windsor, D.J., and Owens, G.L. The opsin repertoire of Jenynsia onca: A new perspective on gene duplication and divergence in livebearers. BMC Research Notes, 2:159.
Submitted or in Revision Manuscripts
Rennison, D.J., and Peichel, C.L. Intermediate levels of pleiotropy facilitate parallel adaptation in sticklebacks. In Review Molecular Ecology
Härer, A., and Rennison, D.J. Quantifying (non)parallelism of microbial community change using multivariate vector analysis. In Review American Naturalist
Owens, G.L., Veen, T., Moxley, D.R., Rodriquez, L.A., Tobler, T. and Rennison, D.J. Parallel shifts of visual sensitivity and body colouration in replicate populations of extremophile fish. In Review Molecular Ecology
Manuscripts in Preparation
Tsai, B., Reese, S., Thompson, K.A., Roesti, M. & Rennison, D.J. Correlated evolution of suites of traits in threespine stickleback.
Thompson K.A., Peichel, C.L., Rennison, D.J., McGee, M.D., Albert, A.Y.K., Vines, T.H., Greenwood, A.K., Wark, A.R., Schumer, M. & Schluter, D. Genetic evidence for environment-specific hybrid incompatibilities in threespine stickleback.
Santangelo, J.S., the GLUE consortium, & Johnson, M.T. Parallel environmental and evolutionary change in response to global urbanization on a global scale.
Rennison, D.J., Veen, T., Owens, G.L., and Schluter, D. Biodiversity with gene flow.